whoopigsooie
Thursday, September 07, 2006
  Bluer Than Blue

Is it just me, or does anybody else on the planet , besides diehard Idaho football fans, like the blue Astro Play turf at Bronco Stadium ? Its the only blue turf in the world. I'll go out on a limb......I don't think they will have to worry about anyone imulating them anytime soon! I wonder what recruits think when they see it for the first time? (except for the blue-chippers from Idaho high schools that have grown up seeing it) "Wow, what a pool. Where's the diving board?" In my opinion, the best the field ever looks is when its covered in snow; which happens a lot late in the season. I mean, football fields ought to be green. Grass stain green. Like the sandlots we grew up playing on. The blue field looks surreal. Like an extreme video game. The old school guys of the 50's and 60's wouldn't have played on it. They would have insisted on playing on gravel rather than blue turf. I wonder who signed off on the choice of blue at the design committee meeting? I'm sure the suit with the thickest pocketbook. Or maybe they had a contest to submit field designs and the head of the art department won. He wanted to embody the essence of an Idaho sky reflecting its calming effect on future soldiers in this game we call football. Gag a maggott. It makes a good backdrop for a powder puff game, I'll give it that. Boise State boosters, enjoy your baby blue field. You have no fear of being copied any time soon. And pray for snow.
 
Comments:
I wouldn't promote blue turf but... my, doesn't that orange look good next to the blue!!!
 
Yes, it will really look good at the bottom of a pile of razorback red jerseys.
 
I'm with you on this one. What's next.....an Orange Vol field? YUCK!

DU
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

I'm just an average joe, a faithful believer, a forgiven child of God.

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / April 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / November 2007 /


blogspot counter
Powered by Blogger