whoopigsooie
Sunday, December 24, 2006
  Whoopig Wishes
Christmas is the time of year when children dream of being showered with gifts. We groom them from the time they discover wrapping paper and bows that this festive holiday means extra meals, extra sweets, and lots of presents. My folks were no different. Christmas morning for me and my two sisters always greeted us with no less than 5 or 6 gifts each and stockings full of candy and fruit. Ever since those early years, I get a little wishy still but I hope for different things than I did as a child. Here is my top 10 list, in no particular order, of my wish list for the Christmas season and the coming year. Happy Holidays to all of you, many I have never met, and may your wishes come true in the coming year....
1. The powers to be in the Middle East will finally discover that killing each other is not the answer to peace.
2. The US government will allocate matching funds equal to what is spent on the NASA space program to addressing more pertinant needs such as homelessness, drug addiction, and hunger...(especially for children)
3. The Hogs to win the Capital One Bowl and jumpstart their 2007 season from their dream 2006 run.
4. That I figure out at least one week this year to spend in some mission field.
5. That my children remain faithful and build an even stronger bond with their Lord.
6. I want not one day to go by that I don't spend some time in the Word.
7. That I will learn to live with less and confront challenges head on knowing that God didn't promise an easy life but rather simply the help necessary to get through life.
8. That I will have at least 5 more years in my 40's even though I am currently 48.
9. I want to impact people in such a way that they will see Jesus despite my flaws.
10. I want our Upward Basketball team of 3rd & 4th grade girls to see Christ through this silly game of hoops that I love so much.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all you blogging buddies
 
Comments:
Very nice wishes... I would say that I hope you get them all but...

#8 won't happen,
good luck with #3

I'm impressed that you didn't ask for a win with the basketball team!
 
Merry Christmas....with your math skills I can see why you are in lending.....Ha!

Hope you enjoy your family this Christmas.
 
Merry Christmas, Keith. Enjoy your family and good luck with those wishes!
 
Thanks for the sweet comment! Hope your holidays have been good and your New Year looking even better.
 
I was surprised you left off the cosmetic surgery wish. I will use one of my wishes to cover that one. That's the kind of guy I am.

I hope this next year is a better one for you.......I know 06 has been a rough one. I'm looking forward to the Pepperdine gig again!

Love ya bro!
DU
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

I'm just an average joe, a faithful believer, a forgiven child of God.

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / April 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / November 2007 /


blogspot counter
Powered by Blogger