whoopigsooie
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
  PIGGIN' OUT
Just a few thoughts about the Hogs best season on record in the Houston Nutt era. I will always be for the underhog in a contest and this year was no exception. The Hogs were picked to finish 4th in the West and ended up winning it and giving Florida all they wanted in the SEC championship game. Just a couple of bounces on special teams and we would be in the land of Sugar in January, but all things considered, it was a great run. Players recieved more honors regionally and nationally than I remember in my lifetime with the most prestigeous being Darren McFadden up for the coveted Heisman Trophy award. Pretty good for a sophmore who in August didn't know if he would ever run again. Our O-line did a fantastic job blowing holes open for D-Mac, Felix, and Michael to run through. Houston Nutt recieved a much deserved SEC coach of the year honor after back to back loosing seasons and shifting responsibilities that even he is still adjusting to. Two road trips this year to Auburn and Mississippi State were highlights for me and wet my appetite for next years campaign. Congratulations Hogs on a great year. Beat the Badgers and welcome in the new year with a bang.
****************************************************************************
My good buddy, David Underwood wouldn't want me posting this but I can outrun him so here goes. He went in Wednesday to address some chest pains and had a heart cath done. Fortunately there was no blockage, except for a couple of jelly doughnuts wedged between the aorta and the sternum, and he was released under his own power. I'm putting him on a strict exercise regement in place of his current routine of "couch potatoe remote thumb crunches." Glad you got a good report dude. Only salads for you at Lenny's for a while. In the event the next report is not so good...can I have your mower?
*****************************************************************************
I'm slowly unpacking boxes in my new home, to the tune of about 2 per night. I didn't know I had so many towels. I may switch them out more than once a week now! I will be spending some extra time at Lowes and Home Depot repairing leaky faucets, building an entertainment center, and repainting the walls. Any painters out there...? Only requirement...must be able to apply at least 50% of the goods to the walls. Incentives include piggin' out on frozen pizza and all the Sams water or sweet tea you can drink. Tempting huh! I will also be flipping channels more regularly between ESPN and HGTV for decorating ideas. Maybe I can just hang towels everywhere.
*******************************************************************************
A good friend and I were talking about the times in college or shortly thereafter, when it was cool to wear t-shirts or sweat shirts from some far away or unconventional colleges. After thinking a little, here are 3 school jerseys I would want to get...Holy Cross, Hofstra, and Gonzaga. I know very little about them if anything...just cool names. I would take it a step further and get a rowing shirt. What would your shirt choices be?
 
Comments:
Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry than actually put it on the wall... they have people who do that for a living, you should support them!

We wore other schools' jerseys when I was in college, too! I had Georgetown and UC Santa Barbara. I don't really know what else I would like.
 
The Hogs gave them a mighty run. Errors definitely cost them the game. I was pulling for them.

Good luck with that moving thing. I've done that myself a few times. :)
 
Whatsamatta U
 
Keith, thanks for the kind words.....and for coming to the hospital. The fist to the chest wasn't all that helpful though. :)

As for colleges......how about UCSC (University of California at Santa Cruz)? Or Xavier. It's all good.

Thanks again. You are a TRUE friend. When I get back to hitting on all cylinders, I will be glad to help you paint, dude!

DU
 
Um, do concert t-shirts count? I like wearing my U2 t-shirt for jammies but wish I had one from every tour they did.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

I'm just an average joe, a faithful believer, a forgiven child of God.

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / April 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / November 2007 /


blogspot counter
Powered by Blogger