whoopigsooie
Sunday, November 05, 2006
  WHY I LOVE THE HOGS

I made a trip to Paragould Saturday to watch the Razorbacks play the Gamecocks of South Carolina with my mom. Waiting on me was some homemade taco soup, banana pudding and of course, mom's famous sweet tea. Mom is the reason I am such a fan of the Hogs. For as long as I can remember, I have always known how to "call the Hogs" and cheer them on thanks to the influence of my wonderful mom. The earliest game we watched together was of course the classic of '69 when the Hogs fell to the Longhorns in the Shootout of the Century. Growing up, we would go outside at halftime and toss the football around, reinacting the highlights of the first half. I get my competitive nature from my mom, who was a pretty good basketball player in her day and will give you all you want in a game of ping pong or any board game. Thanks for another great Razorback experience Saturday, mom. You are the greatest. See you at the Tennessee game...
 
Comments:
Now THAT is a good sports-related post. Yay Mom!

I live in Tennessee but I want your mom to enjoy her time here. Go Hogs.
 
(I want you to enjoy your time here as well -- Knoxville is nice -- but I'd root for UT if it weren't for your Ping-Pong Playing momma.)
 
At least you came by it honestly! That is a pretty cool thing to get from your mom.
 
I too can be swayed with a good banana pudding.

I am sure your Mom is proud!!
 
That is a great picture... my mother played basketball in high school, too. She's not quite 5 feet tall so I have doubts about how great of a player she was.
 
Your mom must be a special person to have a son like you.

DU
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

I'm just an average joe, a faithful believer, a forgiven child of God.

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / April 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / November 2007 /


blogspot counter
Powered by Blogger