whoopigsooie
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
  When Pigs Fly

Tiger the Eagle will be flying around the stadium just prior to kickoff Saturday morning when the Hogs take the field against Auburn in an important SEC West college football game. There will be approximately 87,000 fans, including at least 3,000 from Arkansas who will witness the famous flight. He will start on top of the pressbox and fly gracefully in a couple of circles, whipping the faithful into a pre-game frenzy. The atmosphere will be electric. It will be the largest crowd that the Razorbacks will play in front of this year; unless they make it to a BCS bowl. I look forward to seeing the eagle and the stadium. I respect the support displayed by all the great SEC teams leading up to game day, and witnessing their respective passions. I look forward to being the underhog going into a hostile environment. I look forward to playmakers like McFadden, Jones, and Hillis busting runs for long gains and quieting the home crowd. I look forward to Mustain hooking up with Monk or D.Williams on a long pass play. I look forward to a game changing play made possible by the athletic Hog defense, who are hungry for more turnovers. I look forward to Gus letting the HUNH offense cut loose and spread the field. I even look forward to watching Kenny Irons run hard. He's a great player; one of my favorites. I wish he were a HOG. The experts say Auburn wins this one by a couple of scores and the only way that Arkansas can win is "When Pigs Fly." Move over Eagle. Your air space is being invaded by flying pork.....
 
Comments:
Yes... when pigs fly. When the Auburn band plays that Ozzie song... that's good, too. My favorite is when that pigskin is carried across the goal line... yeah, that's good. War Eagle.
 
I appreciate your passion. As I told you this morning, this is the kind of game Houston Nutt excels in. He LOVES being the underdog....or as you said, "underhog". It won't surprise me if the Hogs play em close. But a blow-out wouldn't surprise me either. Auburn and LSU are powerhouses. They have senior talent and leadership. They will be tough to beat. But hey, if hogs can fly......then by crackie, they can also eat up a Tiger.

By the way, it's a win-win for me as a Tide fan. :)

Good luck!
DU
 
I think I saw that little piggy at the market!

Hope all your dreams come true in our fair state!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

I'm just an average joe, a faithful believer, a forgiven child of God.

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / April 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / November 2007 /


blogspot counter
Powered by Blogger