whoopigsooie
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
  Praise Passwords

I was on my way out of the office toward home when I stopped by Nikki's desk to just say hey. We chatted for a minute about how crazy the day had been and I started to leave. She was signing in to her computer to put in a little overtime when I overheard her saying her password softly as she typed it in. I said curiously, " Was that your password?" She had murmured the word "patience" and a few numbers to follow and logged in. I asked about the choice of words and she explained that she uses spiritual words as her passwords as a way of reminding her of who and whose she is. She went on to share some past words or phrases that had been used such as "love", "joy", "savior" and many others. I had scrambled, when prompted each month for a new word, to think of words associated with ME. Thinking inward again. Nikki used this trivial opportunity each day as a way to be reminded that no matter how crazy the day may be, God is still in control. Everytime she signed into her computer, (and that could be 8-10 times a day at the bank), she is reminded by her choice of passwords to be strong, to love more, and to set a good example to those she assists daily. Thanks, Nikki for being the rock, and the christian example you are to everyone who crosses your path. I just discovered a whole new source for future passwords. What a great way to help memorize scripture. My next password comes from the book of James.
 
Comments:
Cool! I've been getting that "your password is expiring in days" message this whole week - now I know what to use!
 
My username for blogging is blog4heaven so that reminds me of what I am about everytime I blog. It is a great way to focus.
 
Hmm, I guess it is shallow for me to use my dog's name?

It is great to have people remind us of what we SHOULD be about!
 
Nikki is a sweethheart! Isn't it a blessing to get to work on a daily basis with precious people like her?

DU
 
Your job associates are your family as well. Some of them are scary uncles and some are sugar sweet grannys; but we still gotta love 'em. The work sure goes better when the job family is in your corner.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

I'm just an average joe, a faithful believer, a forgiven child of God.

ARCHIVES
August 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / April 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / November 2007 /


blogspot counter
Powered by Blogger